The Transportation Department is responsible for the following:
Road and sidewalk maintenance
- Installation of new culverts and maintenance of existing ones
- Ditch and shoulder maintenance
- Street and sidewalk cleaning and sweeping
- Asphalt repairs , and coldpatch
- Curb, gutter and sidewalk repairs
- Installation and maintenance of storm & domestic sewers (manholes, lines, etc)
- Snow removal for roads and sidewalks is performed by Contractor JP Equipment Restoration.
Helpful Hints for Snow Removal
Do not push or blow snow into or across the roadway. This creates a more hazardous condition and you may be held accountable.
When plowing or shoveling your driveway, please try and avoid creating large banks at the entrance to your driveway. These banks can hinder your visibility, possibly causing an accident.
Signage and traffic
- Pavement striping
- Maintenance of all road signs
- Installation of new road signs and street name signs
- Maintenance of traffic lights and crosswalk signs
Helpful Hints: If you notice a street light that is not functioning you can call N.B Power at 1-800-663-6272. They will most likely ask you to report the closest civic address to the light that is not working.
Council committee for Transportation consists of Councillor François Levesque, President, Councillor Laurent Hachey member and Mayor Denis Savoie (See by-law 1 for roles and responsibilities).
- Municipal Office at (506) 826-6080
- Emergencies : (506) 685-0661