- Drinking water is presently supplied to approximately 1,279 residents from a surface water source (Eel River). That includes 1,168 in Eel River Crossing, 8 (5 homes) in Balmoral, 38 (15 homes) in Dundee, and 65 (26 homes) in Darlington.
- The intake (1.5m below the river bed) is located off Route 280 in Dundee, outside the Village limits.
- An infiltration gallery system which includes a river intake, collection chamber, supply pumps (3 x 20HP turbine pumps) and a pump house was constructed in 1975.
Operations & Maintenance
- The Water & Sewer Superintendent`s main responsibilities focus of water and wastewater, with other maintenance duties as required. He has also obtained water distribution class I certification.
- The Operator reports directly to the Village Administrator, who subsequently reports to Village Council and the Mayor.
- There is also a Water & Sewer Committee with 2 Councillors, Rhéal Pelletier, President, François Levesque Member and the Mayor Denis Savoie.
- System maintenance (line repairs, valve replacement, hydrant maintenance, chlorine system maintenance, lift stations, etc.) is typically completed by the Operator.
For emergencies contact : (506) 826-6080